Monday, August 3, 2009

for the birds


One wet winter's day recently miss E and I made some bird feeders. We used pine cones and some wild bird seed that I bought from a local pet shop, and some peanut butter. It was a great way to spend a few hours, miss E loved squishing the peanut butter into all the little gaps of the pine cones and squashing all the bird seed into the peanut butter, it was great messy fun. The birds seem to love them, although it's mainly just a big black bird sampling our offerings, he seems to scare away all the little wax eyes and finches when they get close. I wonder if I did the right thing hanging the pine cones from the fig tree, in time figs will appear and then I'll be doing all I can to keep the birds away from that spot.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.